Experience High Quality and Relaxing Reiki, Exclusively at Kitty Kat Wax Studio
Enjoy a Deeply Relaxing Reiki Session at Kitty Kat Wax Studio
Reiki is an energy healing technique originating in Japan during the early 20th century. It is a mental healing stress reliever that calms the mind and helps with anxiety.
It also helps induce deep relaxation, help people cope with difficulties, and relieve emotional stress to improve the overall well-being of the individual.
Reiki is not something to be learned; it is a gift one is born with.
Katerina is a Reiki Master Teacher and has been blessed with her ability to heal others. “I am very in tune with people’s energies,” Kat says. “People that need healing have always been drawn to me.” Though each Reiki session is individualized and each client receives different results, clients all leave with a sense of mental clarity and inner peace.
Service and Pricing
|Reiki Energy Healing||$75|
What is Reiki?
- Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
- The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.”
- A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind, and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security, and well-being. Many have reported miraculous results.
- Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
What Does Reiki Feel Like
- What one experiences during a Reiki treatment varies somewhat from person to person. However, feelings of deep relaxation are usually felt by all. In addition, many feel a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and surrounds them. As the Reiki energy encourages one to let go of all tension, anxiety, fear or other negative feelings a state of peace and well-being is experienced. Some drift off to a peaceful, restful sleep.
- At the end of the treatment, one feels refreshed with a more positive, balanced outlook.
Tips on Preparing for Your Reiki Session
- Relax and reflect: Give yourself at least 30 minutes prior to the session to sit and reflect, particularly checking in with how your body is feeling and anything you are noticing with regards to emotions, thoughts or physical sensations. Take some time to breathe and also tend to whatever your body’s needs might be on that given day. You may also want to reflect on any intentions you want to set for your session and anything you want to share with your practitioner before you begin.
- Eat and hydrate: You’ll want to be sure you’ve eaten and hydrated a few hours before the session, mostly so you will be as comfortable as possible and not distracted by hunger or thirst. Avoid eating a heavy meal beforehand, however, as you don’t want all of your body’s energy to be directed toward digesting while you’re receiving your treatment.
- Get comfy: Most practitioners will have you laying down for your session, so comfort is key for being open to taking on and integrating the Reiki energy. Be sure you are wearing comfortable clothes.
- Use the restroom before the session.
Tips for After Your Reiki Session
- Integrate: Many of the treatment benefits can occur as soon as after the session is over and as such, it’s important to find somewhere quiet and relaxing to integrate what may arise. I recommend that my clients take at least 15-20 minutes after the session to meditate, lie down, go for a walk in nature or even take a nap. Try not to book or schedule anything immediately after your session.
- Hydrate: After doing any type of energy work it’s important to hydrate, so be sure to drink 1-2 glasses of water after your session. I find adding electrolytes to your water can also be helpful, as it helps to replenish the body.
- Eat: Be sure you listen to your body and choose a healthy snack or meal afterward if needed. Eating can also help ground the body.
- Reflect: It’s often helpful to spend some time after the session reflecting. You may also decide to listen to calming and/or inspirational music. Whatever you choose to do, find an activity that helps you connect to what you’ve experienced so you can draw on it in the future.
- Contact your practitioner: Follow up with your practitioner if you experience any challenging emotions, physical sensations or issues after your treatment. Reiki is extremely gentle and yet, because energy blockages are being cleared in the body, issues may come up as a result.